Differences Between Two New Models, Professional & Advanced[easyazon_image align=”left” height=”333″ identifier=”B00WAGS478″ locale=”UK” src=”http://droneuav.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/31qTyuYEbL.jpg” tag=”droneuav-21″ width=”500″]The Phantom 3 comes in two options, “Advanced” and “Professional.” These two quadcopters are quite similar except for their cameras and battery charging systems. Like its predecessors the Phantom 3 Professional is equipped with a stills and video camera, but the big difference is that its 4K camera can provide livestreaming to YouTube if you so desire. The Advanced model also has this feature but its camera is a 1080p.
The [easyazon_link identifier=”B00X9OYDD4″ locale=”UK” tag=”droneuav-21″]DJI Phantom 3 Professional[/easyazon_link] contains a battery that will give more than 20 minutes of flight time per charge. Its 100-watt charger restores the battery to full current in slightly more than one hour and the charger lets you charge up the remote control’s battery at the same time. The Phantom 3 Advanced’s charger is only 57 watts so charging time is a little longer.
The rest of the features of the [easyazon_link identifier=”B00WAGS478″ locale=”UK” tag=”droneuav-21″]DJI Phantom 3 Advanced[/easyazon_link] and the DJI Phantom 3 Professional are essentially the same except for weight and price. So this DJI Phantom 3 review gives information that applies to both drones even though the emphasis is on the DJI Phantom 3 Professional.
Additional Features That Make the DJI Phantom 3 Professional Fun to Use
Research for this review revealed several interesting features that are sure to make flying the Phantom 3 Professional lots of fun. Here are a few:
- The quadcopter has built-in sensors that let it know how close it is to objects that are below it, in front of it or near the sides. Because flight altitude can be preset or controlled manually the sensors make flying indoors possible. For the best results, indoor flights require solid flooring rather than carpet as well as a decent amount of unrestricted space.
- The controller has been updated to make it easier to use, and new features have been added. It has buttons and wheels that quickly adjust camera settings and angles, and it no longer needs external Wi-Fi to connect your devices. Connect your phone or tablet to the controller through its USB port, and within seconds you are ready to go.
- The [easyazon_link identifier=”B00W6PP1A6″ locale=”UK” tag=”droneuav-21″]DJI Phantom 3 Professional[/easyazon_link] comes ready to make use of both GPS and GLONASS navigation systems. The ability to use either system enables it to receive positioning signals it would not otherwise be able to access. This makes orienting the drone so that it knows the location from where it is launched much easier and increases the accuracy of its return flight, especially in locations that do not get good GPS signals.
- A ‘Return to Home’ button on the controller will bring the drone back. If the drone loses contact with the remote it goes into ‘Failsafe’ mode which causes the drone to turn around and head for a landing wherever it was launched. Usually, it will land within a few feet of its take-off point, always assuming the required pre flight checks included the mandatory compass calibration.
- The DJI Phantom 3 Professional adds fun and excitement through its expanded flight distance of 1.2 miles and its maximum travel speed of 35 miles per hour. Just think what you can see and record in 15 or 20 minutes of flight time with the camera streaming video and capturing images the entire time. The rest is up to you, your imagination, and your innovation as a photographer and videographer. This drone gives you the capability to make movies that are far above the average YouTube upload.
Imagine, plan, and record.
|[easyazon_cta align=”left” identifier=”B00X9OYDD4″ key=”small-light” locale=”UK” tag=”droneuav-21″]Buy now from Amazon UK||[easyazon_cta align=”left” identifier=”B00VSITBJO” key=”small-light” locale=”US” tag=”droneuav-20″]Buy now from Amazon US|